Thursday, September 13, 2007

1500 lbs. of bullflesh






















This was the result of a copywriting assignment on cotton. I ended up going with my then-boyfriend's cowboy family to Vegas for the first time to see the rodeo, also for the first time. Y'all never seen so many tight Wranglers this side of the panhandle! These guys ride without protection. I thought that should tell you something about denim. My teacher wasn't impressed, but I am.* The photo isn't mine either, I stole it from Corbis.com.

(Corbis dot com, period. Veer.com is good clean fun too.)

*Note the copy careening off the right side of the image, cropped ever-so-suddenly. Note the cowboy. See how I counterbalance the knockout white type with the cotton logo in the lower left. Ignore that I have no tagline. Cotton, the fabric of our foreshortened lives.

No comments: